The week 3 task was to identify my personal goal(s). After reading and watching the provided resources, I had a lot of ideas (how can I help students thinking about identity, privacy on-line, how do I support kids engagements gigging and messing around in WL, what are the strategies to reinforce the students’ IT skills in WL class, what on-line resources I can use to differentiate, reflect on their learning).
As we all know, our plans do not always turn out exactly we plan them.
Once the COVID-19 situation has happened, I have to rethink my professional goals.
My goal will be to learn about the apps that I can implement during distance learning.
My steps will be:
- Explore Google Apps (Google Classroom, Google Meet, Screencasify) that are recommended by the school and can be used for distant learning
- Organize meetings to share ideas with the colleagues to collect the bank of ideas on how these apps can be used for ES students
- Create learning engagements that can be interesting for ES students
- Try these learning engagements in class that ES students will be familiar with these activities
- Collect feedback from students about these learning engagements
- Discuss students’ feedbacks with the colleagues
- Make some changes based on feedback and discussion